View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Garrett - nice photo! If you had time to listen for rattles while travelling at that speed, your car is too easy to drive.... How do you find the sound of the blower on the highway? My YS Vortech is driving me insane - it's so bloody loud that it's driving me to distraction. My bonnet is open at the rear, and it seems to allow every little mechanical noise straight into the cabin. I'm interested to see if the Procharger noise is evident above idle.

Mike - your speedo ordeal almost sounds like it could have been another scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off!!! When my previous Cobra went on a lightpole/fence/post/earthbank destroying rampage, the engine stalled at some point during the accident. I discovered a while after the crash that the tacho was stuck on 7,200rpm Never mind the fact that there was a solid ignition cut set at 6,000rpm, and I didn't go anywhere near hitting that. It must have just been the forces involved during the crash. I "persuaded" the gauge to return to zero before any insurance inspectors saw the car. No need to get them all worked up about something like that...