View Single Post
Old 07-10-2003, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Bryan - you win!!!

Garrett - I haven't put my car on a chassis dyno yet. There's not really anything to gain, as it's running perfectly as it is. Everyone seems to say that once you pull an engine off an engine dyno, it will need further tuning for light load running in the car. This motor hasn't been touched since it's dyno flogging, and it's perfect. Craig at http://www.cragarperformance.com.au/ did a great job on it.
Another potential problem with running the car on a chassis dyno is the absolute roller speed of the Dyno Dynamics units. I've read that they cannot run at speeds of voer 200kmh. I have a 2 speed trans with a 3:1 rear gear. In first gear, traction will not be available for any sort of accurate reading. In top gear, I'll only be doing a bit over 4000rpm at 200kmh. Any ideas on how ot overcome this? Like I said, I don't need to dyno the car, but everyone's interested to see what it'll do. I might even get greedy and bump another 4 or 5 degrees timing into it. Don't worry, the nitrous bottle isn't in the boot anymore