View Single Post
Old 07-14-2003, 06:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Hey Randy,

yeah, if I had to think of one thing that I always look forward to every year is watching the officials put Mac and his 427 Cobra at the Back (because he's so fast) of the Pack at Laguna Seca just so he can quickly pick off one car at a time and pass those Ferraris before the finish line! He does know the track though...

That last lap he did three years ago was crazy coming in on the final turn. There were what, (3) Ferarri's at about $5Million a piece just micro inches apart, side by side with Mac coming down the final straightaway. Once he got it straightened out, it was time for the 427 to show what American V8s are all about, and Mac did. I will never forget that day, and that historical finish with all that high dollar sixties metal comin down the track!

People, you have not seen a 427 go until you see Mac and his Red 427 Cobra eat everyone for lunch at Laguna Seca. It'll make the hair stand up on your arms if you ever see it.