Thread: 2003 NWCC Run
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003, 01:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down Oh No!

Yesterday (Monday) I took the Cobra to work for a final shake down prior to our 2003 NWCC Run to Glacier National Park. The clutch felt a little weird most of the day and just a couple miles from home, the clutch disappeared completely, and my 6-year old could push the clutch pedal to the floor!

After rounding up the neighborhood kids and my wife we pushed Blue Cobra into the garage where I discovered that the Clutch Master Cylinder was dysfunctional. After tearing it out and apart (twice) I determined that it needs a rebuild, since the Compression Cup has a split through it. Well of course CNC has no distributors in the area so I had to overnight a few of the rebuild kits from San Diego. I tried to convince them that they are just a couple miles from the San Diego Airport and that counter to counter using Alaska would be my preference, and I'm willing to pay for it, even find a local courier/taxi to pick up and drop off to stuff, but CNC could not deal with that level of delivery.

Therefore, Blue Cobra’s Pilot and Co-pilot will not be meeting up with the NWCC Cobra Squadron in Mount Vernon at 9:30 AM Wednesday morning as we planned. We should be the road from Snohomish less than 60-minutes after the UPS overnight delivery arrives. Since we will be traveling at 135MPH+, we should catch up by the Canadian boarder crossing…he he…. In reality we will most likely catch up with the NWCC Squadron by Princeton BC, unless the unspeakable happens and the UPS plane crashes between San Diego and Seattle.

Anyone bring a cell phone that will work in BC? If so drop me an email at cobrasc429@yahoo.com and we will call once we’re on the road.

Bad luck but least it happened BEFORE we left home.

Last edited by Blue Cobra; 07-15-2003 at 01:31 PM..