View Single Post
Old 07-18-2003, 09:55 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

David has it correct so far as the car shows in this area are concerned. All are won by the local clubs putting them on, and most winners are picked before the show. This I know for a fact as I belonged to one of the larger clubs for a few years until I got tired of the crap. They meet a week before the show to decide who wins and what class. If they have three cars that belong in a class and want all 3 to win they just move one of them to another class. 32-35 Fords & etc. go into their year classes while I have seen everything from 18 wheelers to 3/4 scale cars in special construction. That seems to be a catch all class. When I was putting my Replica Cobra in some shows I was in special construction, 1965-1970 stock, sports cars, and modified classes depending on the show. One show I was in the 1960-1979 stock class. I just go now to look at the cars as mine was never really good enough to be shown in the first place. But I still get disgusted when I see a ( dare I use that word ) Kit 1932 Ford touring car with top, and side windows in the roadster class because they already had their winners for the roadster class picked and they had to get this guy a win some way.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery