View Single Post
Old 07-18-2003, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't own a Cobra. But love them so much, am Chief Operating Office of a company that builds them.
Not Ranked     

Let me get this straight... these cars are $30,000 and up. Wayyyyyyyy up. They generally aren't daily drivers. They are loved and lavished upon by their owners regardless of the expense. Many are trailered to their destinations in VERY expensive trailers and tow vehicles. And what about the thousands in shop tools and air conditioned garages?

I cannot tell you how many times I have been asked to provide a sales receipt for well under the actual selling price of our car. While the GREAT majority of owners and prospective owners are straght-up, responsible, law abiding individuals, there is always that one individual who fouls it up for the rest of us.

I suppose the point is, if you can afford one of these marvelous toys, why put your entire parade and "OUR" parade at risk to avoid a couple of thousand dollars of legitimate revenue to the state? If you can't afford the taxes....you can't afford the car.

Bob Lockett, Chief Operating Officer
PREMIER MotorSports, LLC