View Single Post
Old 07-18-2003, 10:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Still Dreaming
Not Ranked     

You may want to look at some of the factory built cars,such as Backdraft,or Superformance.The Superformance I recently drove fit me like a finely tailored suit!Compare the build quality with what you can achieve.Having built a car before with what I consider an excellent result,I could in no way duplicate the quality of the factory built cars for the same dollars.These things have a way of snowballing into many more dollars than expected.MY wife,who is an interior designer would compare it to a home remodel-it will probably take twice as long and cost twice as much...I'm 6'1'',195#,by the way.In the southeast,you may want to talk to the people at Unique-very nice folks to chat with,with an excellent car.ERA also has a great website,with much information on the street(roadster) version of the Cobra.They told me that you will probably lose about 40h.p. by taking pipes out the back.The roadster version is a really sweet variation,especially when done without hoodscoop and rollbar,as original.There was more choices of original colors as well.