View Single Post
Old 08-11-2003, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As for tires and wheels I went the "period incorrect" route of 17 x 9.5 and 17 x 11 with 275-40's and 315-35's Dunlop SP-8000. These are great tires!. No rubbing problems like I had with 15 x 8 and 15 x 10 with 275-50 and 295-50 BFG's. One thing that you must look carefully at is the placement of your rear end. Most early model cars had the rear end mounted at least .5" too far forward which caused tire rubbing on the cockpit tub. While I was very intimidated to correct mine, it took all of two hours to correct (body off in my shop) If anyone needs the proceedure let me know. As for rear Aldan coil overs, I have 300 lb springs on mine, they are new style a few months old and is very stiff. I may opt for 250 lb springs to lower it a bit. Anyone have a part number for front outboard Konis. Mine rides like I have a solid bar. compression stroke is ok but rebound is like a lowrider. It bounces down the street!

Now onto my cooling problem... What is the best head gaskets to use. I am going to bite the bullet and pull the heads so I can verify that the gaskets are mounted correctly.

Duane: You can send them back to Aldan directly. They are located in Carson California. You can get the number and adress on MSN.com or let me know if you have a problem and I will forward it to you. I just bought a set a few months back so I know they are still there.

Last edited by Chifo Jr; 08-11-2003 at 07:54 AM..