Old 08-15-2003, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     
Smile

Gents,

They hybrid car was sold with the S/C rims because the car came fitted with HUGE Wilwood brakes. The brakes currently won't fit under the FIA rims. We are working with Lynn to make the rims bigger to fit the new brakes. It may take quite a while to get everything tuned up though.

As for, "Lynn is not the greatest businessman." I must simply step in. Kirkham has done business with Lynn since 1989. There is no better businessman in the world. Lynn has loaned us irreplaceable parts to copy at no cost for extended periods of time. Lynn has ALWAYS returned my phone calls. Lynn has always done his best to help us. Lynn is one of the FEW businessmen I have ever dealt with that has not shaded the truth, lied for his own gain, etc. Lynn had NEVER been involved in any dubious or nefarious business practices. Slow to answer/return the phone does not make someone a bad businessman--although I would take issue with that as well. I think people have a "Wal-Mart" mentality and for all the wishing on my part and regardless of all my endevors, it simply is not so. We have to make parts on order and I, for one, am glad Lynn spent the incredible sum of money he did to make rims available to the rest of us on a moment's notice.

Just my humble opinion, IMHO the FIA rims are cooler looking too.

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."