View Single Post
Old 08-18-2003, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC Cobra, 351W 400hp / 400 lbs torque
Not Ranked     

Hello folks,
Just wanted to make a quick update since there seems to be some interest in these current event, as well as respond to the comments and allegations posted by Doug Harraty previousley. If anyone has any other comments or questions concerning this situation I will attempt to respond as quick and as accurately as I can. This way everyone reading the posts can get a better understanding.

- You stated that I canceled my order, that is correct. I did not state this in the original post as I did not feel it contributed to the reason I posted, which was to try to warn Culb Cobra Members. I explained why I canceled it in my second post, which was because I though it may be the best way for me to get my money back.
- You are correct when you state that I found out he was being investigated after, as I originally stated the Deputy Sheriff called me, I did not call them. I had no clue this could potentilly be some type of a scam until they called and told me. If it wans't for that call I would still be anxiously waiting for my engine.
- Your statement that I am also doing this because I cannot complete my project is also untrue. As of last week I placed my engine order with the Engine Factory, a greatly reputable company who have been great working with me so I can get back on track. I hope to have my engine in the next 3 to 4 weeks. As I stated, this affected me and my project, it did not stop me. My goal now is to get my money back to be used for my cobra and not lost for nothing other then a lesson learned.
- You are also correct in stating that I was very enthusiastic when I checked him out and ordered my engine. However after over 8 months of waiting and receiving nothing more then excuses, I have lost my enthusiam and it turned to embarrasment and anger.
- You are also correct that I am not local, if I was this would have been resolved long before now. However the term local I used was in reference to the law enforcment agency involved both in the current county his company reside in, Cerro-Gordo County and the Chief of Police from my home town. So that is who I am refering to as local law enforcement.

Well again I hate to take up forum space but I wanted to answer comments and alllegations from your response. Again I am looking for a responce to my questions in my previous post relating to my engine and the company I ordered it from as well as your friend Kent.

Sincerely: Jim

P.S. Thanks for the support and responses I have gotten from the Club Cobra Guys.