View Single Post
Old 08-19-2003, 06:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Being in the revenue dept of law, I was asked to try to obtain some truth to the many sways of the above subject. You see the normal train of events when a company or individual is involved in a scheme to defraud, it happens daily. From what I have found so far, the above mentioned business is legal, registered, and has produced product. In addition, the investigation was initiated with a search and seize warrant. This is usually done for other , and numerous types of investigations which include taxes, revenue withholding, money laundering, and intent to defraud. This individual was the person registered, was operating a business using the classic forms of forum. Utilizing correct address, bank information, etc. This does not have the ear markings of a intent to defraud. I have seen the scheme of defraud, theft by swindle, etc. When someone has set out to defraud, false accounts, fake addresses, offshore accounts, and use of untraceable phone conections,(cell phones) are the norm. I have been told that this individual was always booked far in advance, and the landslide effect of the search-seize of accounts, assets, business property, etc. would prevent someone from completing any future business. I am only offering my observations, and wish to advise people that rumors get elevated, truth gets deflated. I am very happy such a forum would allow such exchange of information, but many times the rumors start the panic, when no panic was needed. Many businesses , such as financial institutions, have been destroyed because on person started such a panic. I am to gather that no charges have been levied, which leads one to believe no assumptions should be made until then. Please remember that one is innocent until proven guilty. I have noticed other vague remarks about companies in newspapers and variuos media that have been skewed unfairly for the company reviewed.

Paul