View Single Post
Old 08-19-2003, 09:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC Cobra, 351W 400hp / 400 lbs torque
Not Ranked     

I am not sure what started the investigation by the Sheriffs Dept. I origianlly thought the same think, that an upset customer who had been waiting on his engine for ever was tired of the excuses and made a call. After all if all of the stories or excuses were real it would be real easy to find 15 to 20 people who had ordered something and never received it. When I first got the call from the Sheriffs Dept. that this was a potential scam or this company was a fraud it took almost 2 weeks to convince me, I thought there was no way. But after I was unable to verify some of the stories I was being told I started to believe the worst was possible and started seeing it from the other side.

Let me add a little bit of information that I was given that influenced me to present this as a potential scam or fraud. During the past year I have spoke with 5 different people at this company. The office person, the gentleman who ran the Ford dept., the gentleman who ran the Chevy dept., the driver of the delivery truck and the owner of the company. I was informed during the search by the Sheriffs dept. that this gentleman admitted that he was a one man show and never had anyone who worked for him. The cell phone number I had for the driver and some others were all with him at his shop. I spent most of my time talking with the gentleman who ran the Ford Dept. as I had ordered a Ford engine. When I canceled my order the owner accused me of cancelling my order only to order a new engine from the gentleman who ran the Ford Dept. As I was then informed that he had quit and was starting his one buisness. As stated above, I am led to believe that all of these people I have talked with are all the same person. This week I found out that the gentleman who supposedly ran the Ford Dept. really does exist, except he had never worked for this company. However he said he had done work for him in the past but had not had any dealings with him for quite awhile. Now the owner of this company has been using this guys name to sell Ford engines, heck I ordered a custom package put together as a special by this guy who I find out now never worked for this company. This and other stories that are coming to light as lies is what led me to believe this is either set up as a potential scam or a buisness operating on the basis of fraud and lies. This may not be an all out scam, but it sure appears to be a little more then a legit buisness that is down on their luck or going through hard times. This seems to be a well thought out operation or plan from what I can tell. I have worked with other companies going through rough or hard times and this sure seems like something completely different.

Jim