View Single Post
Old 08-19-2003, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Questions for LoneStar owners

All

I am new to this forum as I just got my Cobra about a month ago, but I love the enthusiasm and I am very excited to get to know some of you. I first had some questions for anyone that may have an answer:

1) I have a very stock 428 in mine with an Edelbrock performer 390 manifold, aluminum heads, and the cam that came with the manifold which I understand is a VERY stock cam. I am wanting to get another 100 hp or so while retaining the cars drivability on the street and of course keep using pump gas - what are the easist ways to get that hp increase out of it? I have looked into several options including a Lunati cam with 228/235 Duration @.50 and replacing the intake with a Ford PI Manifold or an Edelbrock Performer RPM - any opinions on these?

2) Also, the car seems to make a strange sound whenever I go up inclines at an angle- for example a driveway, or a road entrance that is raised - anything that twists the car causes a sound like sheet metal is lose. Anyone have any ideas what that could be?

Thanks so much,

John