View Single Post
Old 08-20-2003, 05:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC Cobra, 351W 400hp / 400 lbs torque
Not Ranked     

Allen,'

I e-mailed you again through this web site, if you do not receive it please let me know.

Well your story is like most others that I have heard or been in cantact with. Money sent, engine ordered, months and months of excuses and no engine or product ever being delivered.

Here is the latest information that I know or have an understanding to the best of my knowledge. As I stated earlier I am doing my best to tell everyone what I know or understand and not point anymore fingers or place blame or accuse anyone of anything. I understand how this can easily be seen from both sides as I have seen it from both sides and still have a hard time believing it sometimes. But this is how this buisness appears to operate.

Adds are placed (which are still running as of this weeks traders). Coversations take place and you becaome very familiar with this company and very comfortable sending them your money for your engine. You send you money, they deposite and live off of it, you get updated over the next several months. It seems there are several excuses during the build why it is delayed. After you are delayed as long as they feel they can, your engine is completed and loaded on the truck for delivery. During the delivery process there again is a string of unfortunate delays and problems. Most of the time you feel sorry for them because of the problems they are having and wish them luck. Finally you start to realize that you are not going to see your product and either push real hard for a refund or write it off as a lesson learned. For me the order process took almost 2 months for several reasons. They actually gave me a 5% discount on my order since the order was delayed so long. The engine build ran from February through mid June. Finally my engine was done on on the delivery truck around the June time frame. Delivery delays included the holidays, a truck accident, the wrong parts being ordered, and finally put together wrong and blew up the engine on the truck. I have never receiced anything or been able to verify any of these stories I have been told during this process.

Somethings I have learned recently are as follows.
The owner is real and he really has this buisness set up. There has been a handfull of people who have actually received an engine from him, as of now I know of 3, of which one had their engine bust as soon as it was turned over. The engine was returned to be fixed and he has never gotten it back. There have been a few people who have pushed for a refund and actually received it. However most everyone else is out money in the range of $2,200 upto $10,000 from some individuals I have been talking with. I have talked with people that have been working on getting their product from him for 3 years and as of today are still out money with no product returned. I think he was or thinks he is a real high tech engine builder, sells his product, strings people along as long as possible, issues refunds when he is forced into it, then after this has played this out as long as possible he moves on, and most people write it off as a lesson learrned.

Paul (Marklynntax) You did some investigating and turned up some good valid information and points. Is there anyway you can verify anymore information for us. First as I stated I spoke with 5 different employees of this company, then found out that no one works for him. Can you verify if this company you verified has any employees. If anything he has told me is true my engine and many others are on the a delivery truck currently being held up due to the police raid. The truck was last reported in Northern Kentucky or possibly Ohio. I am under the imopression that this delivery truck does not even exist. Is there anyway you can verify and post any information for us.

Sorry for the long post just trying to inform and get to the truth.

Sincerely Jim