View Single Post
Old 08-22-2003, 06:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile trying to help

Why does it show the wrong time? confusing log in problems. Anyway, massive e-mail requests on this. So first for Jim, This person has NEVER been sued, so why not start the ball rolling? file in concilliatory court in his county for the amount owed. From experience, if his assets are auctioned, you will see $.10 on the dollar! As for any withholdings for payroll? never, so a simple call to the few people who have confirmed they have done work for him have confirmed my assumption, yes four people, and all were self employed and were payed by him. Apparently also covering for him, and He may be covering for THEM! First a Rich little voice artist, then a confirmation by the gentleman Doug that he simply forwarded calls, which is legal, banks, credit card companies and insurance companies have a local office, yet you may be speaking to "mary" in alaska. The issue of a truck. Why don't you boys think for a second? Small town, you call information and ask for a commo last name, you get a hold of a older gentleman with lots to say...and 'viola! Anyway, yes, his asets at his business and his home were confiscated/seized, and many vehicles were taken, and were actually used in the seizure, rumors abound of a drug manufacturing facility, stolen goods, etc etc. This gentleman said that the engine man was well liked, and worked hard, and he saw many people there often. I asked for a description of the vehicles, he relayed a sport ute, a custom van and a red "delivery type" truck. He also recalled a large white truck often parked there , which as far as he knew was NOT there when this went down. Reminds me of a body shop here which was investigated for not delivering some german cars to a few people, they complained, all recieved the same exact reasons, delivery truck problems. The place was searched, seized, and the gentlemen were forced out of business. They filed bankruptcy, started a new line of work, and then were also able to eventually come up with the truck and the vehicles on it! the excuse was legit, and the authorities were left dumbfounded. Sound familiar? Go to court, get your judgement, so if the "ball is dropped" by the authorities, you have your judgement. His best move will be to not show up, which would allow him to re-file a hearing, and extend your waiting period. bottom line? He could then file bankruptcy and you will get nothing. So many details leads one to believe that ,
1. The investigation may NOt have started the way you said
2. If there was a scheme to defraud, it would be hard to prove since people did get a product and people who asked for a deposit did get it back(your research)
3. He seems to have had quite a selective way of completing business with who he chose.
4. From my short research, he was actually gifted mechanically, but obviously not for business or customer relations.
5. 300-400 people involved? A one man shop with a 250 day per year work day...hard to believe that. A common investigating ploy, If I handed 4000 people my business card, or mailed them solicitations, and didn't do the taxes for the 20-30 I actually was
asked to complete, yet placed a bill on their credit card for my services, and was investigated, yes, 4000 were involved.
6. He may be wise beyond what you wish, and feeling he was mis-treated, may have decided to retain the "Truck" for his defense later, totally ruining any accusations by the prosecuter, with his own "non-existent" employees or contractors coming in to defend him.
I don't have the answers for you, but please, consider immediate filing in concilliatory court to get the ball rolling, why wait? Good luck to you all, and yes those cobras are sharp cars, but not in my budget. I will now bail on this conflict, and wish everyone a outcome which allows one to get on with their lives!
It's the small things in life which gets someone a heart pill!

MLT