View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 04:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC Cobra, 351W 400hp / 400 lbs torque
Not Ranked     

Well, the list keeps growing, I spoke with 2 new unfortunate victims yesterday. Seems like there are a lot of similar but slightly different stories. As far as I can tell everyones that I talked to was expecting their engine on this delivery truck that has had delay after delay. Here are the different stories that I have been told.
1 - The truck hit a deer and busted up the inner cooler for the turbo. Wrong parts ordered, then it was put together wrong and blew the engine.
2 - The main frame rail on the truck broke.
3 - The Driver got a broken jaw and had to park the truck and go back to Iowa.
4 - The driver was worthless and didn't care so they fired him and had to get a new driver.
5 - The driver hurt his back unloading an engine that was falling from the stand and he tried to catch it. He was laid up in the hospital.
6 - From what I was told the driver was laid up in a hospital in Lexington KY. and Cincinnati Ohio, I believe for the hurt back both times.
7 - I was told the truck was broke down about an hour north of Nashville Tn. by the Kentucky border, someone else was told it was South Tennesse.
8 - I was told he was delivering the South first coming up through Georgia, Tennesse, Kentucky, then all of Ohio before he would get to me in Indiana. Talked with someone in Georgia who never received their engine and per the story I was told he was already there. It sounds like he was in everyone of these states depending on the story but no one received delivery of their engine.
9 - A gentleman I spoke with last night was told he was making a delivery just outside of Indianapolis (an hour from me) then he had to deliver one in Indiana close to the Ohio border before he deliveried his. Well he assumed that was me since I am close to the Ohio border and Indianapolis. Well I never received mine and from what he was telling me the driver never made it through Kentucky.
These are just a few of the stories on why the delivery was delayed, the reasons why the builds were delayed very as well. Sounds like the names of the supposed different individuals at the supposed shop were pretty much the same.
These are just the different versions from the people I have talked with over the past few weeks. The Deputy Sheriff says he is talking with 4 to 6 new victums per day. Got to give this guy credit for keeping the names and the stories straight.

Will keep you posted as new news developes.

Jim