View Single Post
Old 08-31-2003, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Gary,
I as an CSX owner will answer your question only for me.If I had bought my car as an investment vehicle and didn't plan on using it, just selling it and the new cars were diluting the value of my car I would be a little upset.

I think I have been consistent on this, my car was purchased to make me happy. My biggest demand of my car, is can I go somewhere with friends, will there be enough of us to make a lot of noise.?
As long as there are more Cobras, whether they be FFRs, SPFs or new batch of Shelby South African Cobras, I am OK with it.

There may be others who expected great appreciation from their cars, and if the market made no distinction between the Las Vegas cars and the new arrivals, they may be a little taken back.

However that is not Shelby's fault. It is the fault of those who bought a Cobra for investment purposes.
What happened to original Cobras of 60's ain't gonna happen again.

How could anyone be dissapointed if they go out and enjoy their cars?
Certainly when I am old and unable to drive and had to sell my car, it would be nice if it sold for $100,000. If it sells for $60,000, was it a mistake? I don't think so.