View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003, 08:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4402
Not Ranked     
Default Pulley Question- March??

Not knowing much about pulleys- can I seek your good collective advice.

I have 351C 4V which will shortly get Blue Thunder intake manifold, Blue Thunder valve covers, Canton racing pan, new oil pump (Melling); alu. water pump, Holley DP etc. I had not initially considered swaping the 'rather boring looking' pulleys and alternator.

I was reading about March Serpintine Conversion (this is a 6 rib belt vs. my "standard "V" belt). Can anyone shed some light on what is best to convert to for pulleys/ belt and alternator. This car is intended as a 'keeper' (at least for now).

I am bit by bit trying to add excellent stuff to the engine and sure think the serpentine set-up looks sweet, but maybe not a good idea for 351C. Anyone had good or bad experience. Those CNC 6061 Alu. pulley's look and I assume work great as well. I was reading that some of the Boss Racing engines had special very deep groved pulley's to prevent belts from jumping off at high revs during racing? Do the Nascar boys use V belts or serpintine approach? Maybe it is purely an aesthetic thing and nothing to do with performance.

thanks,
Ed

Last edited by edsherman; 09-02-2003 at 08:56 AM..