View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 03:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry folks for not posting updated plans and such. Here is the planned route:

To Winthrop:

Leave the North Bend Outlet parking lot. Take hwy 202 to hwy 203 north. Make a right before Monroe on Ben Howard Road. Take Ben Howard Road east to Mann Road making a left on Mann Road. Make a right on hwy 2 where we will stop at the Sultan Bakery in Sultan WA to pick up folks who might have come from the North and did not want to drive down to North Bend (we will stay for 30 minutes – time based on when we leave North Bend).

We will leave the Sultan Bakery heading east on hwy 2 through Leavenworth were we will pick up hwy 97 north. Hwy 97 north past the Columbia River through Chelan making a left on hwy 153 where it turns into hwy 20. We will take hwy 20 to Winthrop. Estimated mileage is 235 miles - the hotel is the Winthrop Inn. I think there are still some rooms available if you still wish to join us.

From Winthrop:
Leave Winthrop on hwy 20 heading west to hwy 9 heading south to 405 heading south.

Question – Were would folks like to have lunch? Leavenworth, Cashmere, Chelan? If I was to assume lunch at 12 noon and working backwards that would mean leaving North Bend at 7:30 AM for Chelan, leaving North Bend at 8:30 for Cashmere and leaving North Bend at 8:50 for Leavenworth. Winthrop is approximately an hour and a half from Chelan.