View Single Post
Old 05-05-2001, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

I purchased my Midstates in Jan of 99. I've just completed the car and I'm delighted with the car and Bob's help and support throughout this project. Now to the car:
Custom body with Tubular front with coilovers and Ford 9" with 3:70 gear posi mounted on a rectangular chassis.

1970 351 Cleveland 4V with polished and flowed quench heads. Bored .030 and running a fully balanced rotating assembly with Lunanti BracketMaster cam, rollers, Kieth Black pistons and Total seal rings, etc. Intake is an Offen 360 with a Holley 750 Vac. ARP throughout and other goodies. Factory Jethot coated headers and sidepipes.

I completed the car with all Lucas (P-700 lamps markers, etc.) and Smith (Gauges and switches)equipment (I know, I want the pain of English QC.). I had Bob make my carpet in black with dark red trim for all finished areas. The car rolls on 235/60-15 and 295/50-15 Firestone Firehawks mounted on Team III 8x15 and 10x15 respectively.

I used 14 coats of hand rubbed Lacquer PPG Guards Red and white stripes. Instead of the standard striping pattern, I used the pattern off a dry-sump ex-race car which I really like. The stripes wrap around the nose of the car. Looks Killer!!

I would build another Midstates in a minute and no one can ever go wrong dealing with Bob and Midstates. BTW: I broke the first rule of Cobra replica building, by buying a kit without taking a trip to the company, and in Bob's case, word of mouth was enough and I personally made the right decision. Thanks Midstates!!!

Carl Felix
Frankfort, Kentucky