Thread: Shop Tour
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2003, 07:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2086, 302/320 HP, Dart heads, hydraulic
Not Ranked     
Talking

You guys are far too hard on Peter - he really is a nice guy.

However, there are a few things you should be aware of - and take precautions for - prior to your visit.

First, Peter is normally safe to be around - except at feeding time. Lynn and I stayed late with Peter one evening, far past feeding time - he looked so cuddley that my wife hugged him before we left. To be fair, most of her left ear *has* grown back and I *did* get a GREAT Cobra.

It is very easy to recognize when this "feeding frenzy" is about to begin, as Peter begins the telltale process of peering over his (rather robust) spectacles. This, apparently, is to verify the true size of his potential meal. As long as the lighing is good and you don't wear a cow bell, you should not have a problem.

The true danger derives from his mustache - not only is it shaped like twin Cobra's - it has similar speed, agility and ferocity. Fortunately, its ravenous appetite is limited exclusively to green paper with drawings of dead presidents on it. There is, however, no known defense against it once it begins its hypnotic dance. Although some theories suggest that an electric razor may provide very short term protection - power calculations show that the mustache grows at such an extreme rate that batteries will last mere seconds. Perhaps a small, oops.., big block weedwhacker with a VERY large tank may be successful.

Enjoy your visit with ERA - great people.

Jim

Update: My wife has "offered" for me to sleep either in the barn or the cobra as a direct result of my comments about Peter. The barn smells like horse s**t, and the Cobra has no tag. Life sucks. Damn that voodoo.

Last edited by NeedAntiVenom; 09-04-2003 at 10:48 AM..