View Single Post
Old 09-05-2003, 10:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello Jim,
My name is Leland Smerdel, I’m from Euclid Ohio. I'm in the same shoes you are with KHP. I ordered my engine, tranny, rear end, in November of 2001 when the company was Dragboy and Kent Sr. ran the company. I heard stories of being behind in building the engines because of the heavy work load, and because they would go to the race track often to race their cars. Then there’s a story about Mike ( the Chevy engine builder ) that was building my engine. He had family problems that had to be taken care of, and there were things with the engine that only he did, so again more delays. I kept telling myself this is a legit business, and their just have some bad luck. Everything seemed up an up because of the conversations we had was on a friendly and caring level. ( Today the 6th of August I feel very stupid and taken advantage of ). Supposedly my order left for delivery in June 2002. I kept getting excuses that the truck kept breaking down, and was held up for about 3weeks each time, and the driver ( Kent Jr. ) had warranty repair jobs which increase the delays. Kent Jr. came into the picture sometime between August – September of 2002. Then Kent Sr. was sick and Kent Jr. needed to be with him because he didn't like the care his father was getting, this was in November 2002. Then Kent Jr.’s dad died in December 2002. Then Kent Jr.’s uncle was hassling him about the money he loaned his dad ( Kent Sr. ) to start the business after the grandfather died and wanted it back.. This is where we were told everything had to go into an estate settlement case. Then we were told the courts gave him till a certain time to deliver the engines so the estate can be settled. Then he hurt his back on a delivery he made on Easter Sunday. and was stuck in a hospital in Cincinnati from May to July 2003 He advised us of an extension he got from the courts, which he had till the end of August 2003 to finish the deliveries. Then we talked to Mike ( the Chevy engine builder ) and he told us he was going to take the driving test for a CDL and finish the route for Kent Jr., this was the 20th of June 2003. It just so happened we went on vacation just at the time that Mike started on Kent Jr.’s route, so we missed out ( we thought ). Then we talked to Mike on the 20th of July 2003 and we were told within 3 weeks for delivery. Then we called Kent Jr. on the 8th of August 2003 he told us Mike was no longer with the company, and he ( Kent Jr. ) was in big trouble, and would call us Wednesday the 12th of August 2003, well that day never came. As of now we can't get a response by phone or mail. At 1 3/4 years later I am very discouraged and depressed and feel stupid. I’m into this Kent Jr. for almost $5000.00. If it’s any consolation he had me wire transfer payments to his First Moose Lake bank account in Minnesota. Maybe this info can be a plus.
P.S. there is more info concerning my ordeal with Kent Sr. & Kent Jr. it’s just too much to write. And I’m sorry to say during this long time past I can’t remember all. ( but my wife does J ) LEE Smerdel