View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast. 514 / 6 speed Richmond overdrive
Not Ranked     
Default We have had protection trained purebred Rottweilers for 18 years

They are a handful.. especially the males

But our home has never been broken into.. and I have watched an entire gang.. (a real street gang of 8 toughs in California) travel off a trail and shut their mouths completely when confronted by one one my hounds. They of course did not realize that the man and his wife were also packing major "heat".

When they were 100 feet behind us (and thought they were safe.. one said "man, did you see that DOG?"

A good hard core but well-bred and trained/controllable dog is a major asset and friend. But the care we give ours takes a lot of time too. Our female is in heat now and we have to move his "hooch" (cage where he spends nights and such) out into the garage next to my cobra, away from her so we don't have to listen to his "hystrionics" as much. There is a pic of my him, {Clovis) in my photo gallery. He's quite a bruiser {145 lean lbs and very graceful and agile} He's from one of the top world kennels of Rotties.. related to the 1999 Westminster winner. We are planning to have his pup eventually as our next male .
James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.standdown.net/index.htm