View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 02:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gave it to Russ
Not Ranked     
Default Trailer fairing saves Cobra's Life!

Well, as I was trailering my BDR to get the new assigned VIN# put on this morning I encountered a large doe that really wanted to get to the other side of the road. You'd think that your car would be safe riding on the trailer, right? Well thankfully I have a full fairing to prevent bugs and rocks, oh yeah, and deer from hitting the front of the cobra. It ran out from my left, jumped, hit the fairing, spun around atleast three times, (hitting the Cobra as she spun) then landed in the right ditch. Bent the crap out of my trailer and scuffed up the Cobra but no fiberglass damage, Thank goodness! When it hit it sounded like glass shattering and my stomach dropped b/c I didn't see where it hit. I feel very fortunate that the Cobra is ok since I totaled my other one 4 1/2 months ago. Most all the deer hair came off the car and some rubbing compound took care of the unsightly scratches. Hardly any evidence left from the incident. I've posted this just as a story of a near miss for the Cobra! Don't think your safe unless you trailer your cobra in an enclosed bullet and deer proof trailer!