View Single Post
Old 09-12-2003, 09:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     
Default Re: ERA Modifications Possible to Existing Car?

Art-
I can answer some of these for you until Bob shows up. Bob can tell you if I get any of it wrong.

Quote:
Originally posted by REDSC400

Hi Bob:
On an existing ERA 427SC model, is it possible to add a glovebox and the dual pusher fans (in front of the radiator).

Yes, you can add fans and a glove box

Just wondering. The current car has the dashboard that does not have the glovebox nor does it have the dual pusher fans in front of the radiator. The car currently has the electic fan that pulls air thru the radiator and it is mounted in the rear (engine side) of the radiator.

Typically, when the pusher pair of fans are set up, do they turn on at the same time (automatically) as the puller fan or do they come on when the water temp reaches a higher level (ie: via their own temperature sensor)?? Also, could the dual fans been set up via flip switch activated from the cockpit in a manual manner?

the pusher fans are typically wired to turn on at the same time as the puller fan, but I am sure you could wire them to a separate manually controlled toggle switch

Are these modifications (installation of glovebox and fans) that I could undertake on my own? Or is the dash with the glovebox really best done as a swap out?

You could probably do these mods on your own, but it depends on how comfortable you are cutting up your nice dashboard. If it were me, I'd probably by a new dash and just swap it out. Probably be easier and you wouldn't have to worry about screwing it up

Thanks in Advance....
Art in CT

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."

Last edited by Chaplin; 09-12-2003 at 09:47 AM..