View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 07:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: none
Not Ranked     
Cool Got Green

Well let me tell ya,
In order to get buy in from my wife, I gave her the task of selecting the interior, and the color for the car. I was fine sitting on a milk crate, and having the car primer, heck I was glad to turn the key and have it start! After about 20 trips to the paint store to pick out the perfect blue, and perl stripe color We finally went on a road trip with the local Cobra club. We saw about 10 Cobra's that were the traditional blue, and white, and seven that were diffrent colors. My wife changed her mind Again And we went after a Candy green from House of Kolor. I wanted to have somebody besides me shoot the car, I have only painted about 4 cars at the time. She told me that the car was built by me, and it should be finished by me So I agreed and shot the car. The paint is outragous! and atracts alot of attention.
The bent Pushrods......
I had a single thought process when I built the motor, keep the valve train light, because of the rotation mass of the big block. I down scaled the pushrods from the 3/8 to 5/16 thinking that lighter mass would not float at the 7K pulls that I wanted from the motor. Well one night I was fine tuning the carb, just put in new power valves, and jets took it out for a test run. I let the car warm up good put in my 6.8K shift light and started to run through First, second, then rattle, rattle and I shut the car down. I had bent #2 intake, and Exhaust pushrods. So, I went back to the bigger pushrods, and learned some things;
1) I had broke the carbide tip off the exhaust pushrod.
2) This pushrod beat the rocker down untill it could squeeze by the guide plate and shot off the lifter.
3) This caused the #2 Exhaust solid lifter to shoot out of the hole.
4) When the lifter left the hole, my oil pressure shot to Zero.
5) Pressure built up in the cylindar, causing the 2.300 intake valve to stay closed, bending the Intake pushrod.
DO NOT BUY 2 PIECE PUSHRODS lessons learned.
BIGGER IS BETTER Lessons Learned.
Well that is my story and I am sticking to it
Take care, and have a good day!
L8R,
Brian