View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 08:00 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 0062
Not Ranked     
Default My non-guard dogs - or Black Tuesday.

Last night upon entering my house I was greeted, as usual, by the two familiar faces of my Sheepdog and my girlfriend's Chow. The smaller of the two weighs in at about 60lbs. Deep tone to their barks, growls for strangers - you know the routine.

Also greeting me was a sight none of us should ever have to encounter - the sight of my house turned inside out and upside down. For a minute I thought I was back on the left coast after a 6.5 shaker. I wish I was so lucky.

Sometime during the day, some unwelcome guests had broken in and completly ransacked the entitre house. It was almost surreal in that, although every nook and cranny had been distrubed and opened; cabinets emptied, closets emptied, garbage dumped on the floor - everything major appeared to be there. The TV-stereo-VCR-DVD player, camera, etc.

As I gained my wits somewhat I ventired into the garage - Phew, still there. A quick call to my girlfriend to clue her in and inquire about here jewelry. She mentioned her "hiding" place. I checked, it was empty. Mother fu$#@r.

The only thing these lowlifes were after was her jewelry. Gone is her engagement ring and assorted pendants and bracelets. Nothing else in the house appears to have been taken.

It took the police over 4 hours to show up - no big deal. Don't ever expect to see the jewelry ever again. One cannot begin to express the anger you feel over an experience like this.

Oh, the dogs. I found my jar of mayo in the sink with a knife in it and the container of dog cookies on the counter nearly empty. My guess is that these SOB's fed the two of them mayo coated cookies while they shopped.

If only the dogs could tell their side of the story. I'm extremely lucky that these bastards did not harm my "girl". I will have a talk with her tonight and clue her in on her role a a guard dog. As for the Chow - I think he is terminally hopeless.

Now the fun part, doing battle with my insurance company. I so am not looking forward to this.

Be careful out there folks. Not sure how to avoid these things. Seems as though if these folks want what you have they will find a way to get it.

I have my theory as to the generic "who" did this as my girlfriend's mom had the same experience a few months back. She was greeted with the same sight and all they were after was her jewelry as well.

The experienc sucks beyond comprehension not for the loss of property but for the loss of security and the feeling that we have been 'violated'. Humans and dogs are safe - I'm ok with that.

Now, its time to heal and try to replace her collection.

Jeff