View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 09:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It is my understanding the Classic Roadster headers won't bolt up to the existing Excal side pipes. You need to order BOTH headers and side pipes. Approx $350 for hearders and $350 for side pipes. These are unpainted steel, you pay shipping (a TON of money if you live in Hawaii)! The sidepipes are a new design with better "flow". I removed the "cats" and had a custom pipe built (local exhaust shop) from the headers to the side pipe.

I've decided I want to keep my chrome side pipes! Evidence of how "restrictive" they are? I "blew out" the baffles a long time ago by down shifting at high rpm on the race track! The BAD NEWS is the baffled insert is now "rattling" around inside the "empty" shell of the side pipe. I hear it from time to time when I hit a bump. The sidepipes now have NO restriction, power is MUCH better, but man are they LOUD, like NO mufflers at all LOUD.

I'm having headers custom built to match the sidepipe inlet. Local exhaust guy says $450. Plus he thinks he can "tack weld" the baffle in the sidepipe to keep it from "rattling" around.

Ernie