View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 07:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A CSX Cobra,1966 GT350 and an '06 Ford Heritage GT
Not Ranked     

2 words; BULL MASTIFF. I was given one by a friend years ago when the 'cute puppy' grew into one big F'in dog! I have had Bogart ever since, and he is fantastic. He plays with kids (which are all over my neighborhood) and is never foul tempered or too rough. He's smart enough to know that a 5 year old is to be treated differently than a 15 year old, and he is VERY protective of his turf!He foiled one burgler when I was away, and held the guy at bay for five hours until my wife got home. It was actually funny as hell, after the initial shock wore off. The creep broke into the house and Bogart tackled him in the kitchen nook at the back of the house, bit him a few times, then just sat down and stared at the fool, who was too scared to do anything! He was actually relieved when my better half got home so that the cops could get him away from the dog! Now my daughter (4) plays with him, sleeps on him and loves him. He watches over her, and is gentle as can be. If my daughter or wife is outside, Bogart will just watch everything, if someone comes up he just plants himself between the stranger and the family and watches.....very intimidating to have a 135 lb hunk of muscle just staring at you intently!