View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 10:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast. 514 / 6 speed Richmond overdrive
Not Ranked     
Default Most large European breeds

Were specifically bred to be personal guards of nobles, barons, lords, and businessmen, cattle/sheep guards, and WAR dogs. Yes, war dogs, to be sent at the enemy in battle, just as armies clashed. Does this mean they are too dangerous to own? NO, if the owner accepts this, has procured a dog from a good line, (temperament) and has the right living situation. However, we as owners must be ultra careful to keep them from a situation where they can hurt an innocent (For the record I believe any "responsible" person tresspassing or commiting a crime such as burglary has lost their right to any consideration.. this was old time English and American jurisprudence, lost to current day life in the land of political correctness)

On the other hand, dogs such as Rottweilers or Mastiffs or German Shepards, etc.., if socialized when pups and trained to discriminate between bad and good guys, can be wonderful family friends and will save lives, provide wonderful deterrent to criminal activity, (I could tell many stories about my dogs quieting a bad situation by their mere entrance, they have done so on many occasions) But if the owner thinks they can just "buy a puppy and forget it" they are being very foolish.. it takes a great deal of personal time, training, and my opinion is that only lovers of the breed that care about it's future should own such a dog. My Rottweilers are from world-class champion lines, and my male is related to the 1999 Westminster best of breed winner. I happen to love the breed but believe there are too many in the wrong hands. Especially in America where we seem ignorant to the imperative nature of genetics and breeding.

One more thing: The most common biter is the COCKER SPANIEL. Small dogs bite too, but seldom cause truly serious injury. Any dog can bite, the most common biters are NOT the big dogs, and so let's simply all be responsible with our furry friends, just as we should be with our highly-powered street machines.
The statement that "such dogs are for junk yards and K9" is utterly ignorant and unacceptable to me as a free man. I believe in accountability AND freedom.
James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.standdown.net/index.htm