View Single Post
Old 09-18-2003, 05:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Randy;

I had been riding around since 1996 with a 600 vac. sec. Holley on my 351-W,a couple of trips to the drag strip a year and the rest is street driving with most of that on the highway.... Very pleased with the performance and gas mileage and driveability.....

Started road racing this year,went three times,a buddy gave me a well used 15 year old Holley 600 dp to try. I put a kit in it and re-jetted it for my car and put it on.... Difference to me is like night and day.... Comes off the line like a bat outa hell and pulls hard thru the rpm range,great for road racing,probably not good for gas mileage..... I really find no difference in street driving with it and have not had a chance to check gas mileage yet... This weekend I'm supposed to go to a Mustang and Ford car show about 160 or so miles away(one way)and I definetly plan to check my gas mileage to compare the two carbs....

If you are street driving and interested in gas mileage stay with what you have,if you do a little racing go with the Holley dp,the Demon may not be worth the extra money if you do not use it like it was meant to be used (racing)...

Just my .02 cents.....

David