View Single Post
Old 09-18-2003, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Unique FIA - SA 396 Stroker
Not Ranked     
Default A Special Thanks

My wife and I just got home from yet another short night trip in the Unique. Every time I fire it up and take it for a spin I get this silly grin on my face.

Tonight was no different! I turned the key and the little stroker thumped to life. I watched the oil pressure build and temperatures ease up, it's in the 60's here, and backed out of the garage. The thumpity thump reverberating in the cool air adds to my excitement. I look up to see my bride walking out grinning from ear to ear. We click the harnesses home, clinch them down and head off into the night. In less than a mile she looks at me and says, "I'm really starting to enjoy this little car". With that I run it up in first, mindful of the ever present Alpharetta police, push in the clutch blip the throttle and ease into second. Another short stab on the throttle and we are feeling the cool air blast into the cockpit, life is indeed very good. Up until recently I needed a small offering or bribe to get her in the car, ice cream cones work great in this house. It's very different now. If she sees me pick up the keys or head towards the garage she puts on her shoes and ask, “Where are we going tonight”. Now that the weather is too nice to sit in the house we are making these little night trips a regular thing.

I find myself thinking of another mind clearing run through the gears while I sit at my desk working. I find the ride home from work a bit less stressful knowing what I have at home in the garage, the ultimate R&R machine.

All of this brings to mind the support and encouragement I received from many of you on this forum. Without your help and patience I doubt I would be experiencing this bliss. The wealth of knowledge here helped me make sound decisions and build the car of my dreams.

Thanks to all of you !

Randy