View Single Post
Old 09-19-2003, 07:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2086, 302/320 HP, Dart heads, hydraulic
Not Ranked     
Post Good People In Government?

I got my car in July, and started the process of getting it titled in PA. Should take 30 days, except...

The Notary didn't check the "no lien" boxes on the MV-1 form. 30 days later it comes back , all 25 pages, including photos, receipts and MSO, "Write the word 'none' here, sign it and return it." I did, it sucks, should take another 30 days, except...

The Notary didn't include the $22.50 title fee when he calculated the total for the DMV. 30 days later it comes back again , all 25 pages, including photos, receipts, MSO and the piece of paper where I wrote the word "none" and signed it, and a note that says "please in the $22.50 for the title fee." It really sucks, should take another 30 days , except...

I spoke with the person at the DMV who approves all of the specially constructed vehicles. Not only was he one hell of nice guy, but after hearing the saga - let me overnight the package and check to him and returned the Vin, plate and registration overnight as well.

Yes, there are good people in Government, especially in the PA DMV.

Thank you! to all of the DMV people who helped me sort this out - I am forever grateful.

The notary that botched things? He took no responsibility for his errors, did nothing to help correct it, and is worthy of an honorable mention here- Lance Ek at Orefield Notary .

Jim