Thread: ERA or SPF
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 09:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

The number of cars for sale in the used market (one brand over another) is more of an indication of how many more there are, rather than how many people are unhappy with the car.

ERA after 20 some years have reached somewhere around 700 mark. Many are NOT for sale and probably be kept in the family many years to come.

I know SPF owners will probably not take this too kindly, but on the desirability list ERA may nudge the competition.

One because there are fewer ERA's for sale, and because they are more accurate and they are more expensive. SO when one becomes available for sale it brings the price within striking range of a SPF.

Most would opt for a used ERA over a new SPF.Market says so. You can always order a SPF and get it within short time of placing your order. Used ERA's are not that readily available.

Why? I don't know, best ask those who made the decision.
I have been on this forum for 3 years, I have no recollection of anyone trading in their ERA to buy an SPF.

What does that mean? We can all speculate.

It doesn't make one car better or worse, it just places them in some sort of a pecking order. I realize this is not very popular to say in public but it is true.

Lest you think it is a slam, in fairness to SPF, I also know of no one who sold their SPF so they can trade up to an FFR.

So there is a pecking order out there whether we like it or not as to how our personal cars rank.