View Single Post
Old 10-06-2003, 10:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

Mine is the 2000 year model before they re- tooled the body. I'm now rebuilding the motor. (long story) The engine builder screwed me on the internal parts when built. I paid for all the good parts, forged pistons, (got cast), rods, bearings, windage tray, ect....The builder used cheap..thin walled valve guides, these expanded & contracted finally seizing #1 valves, bent the push rod & breaking rocker shaft. (it did not have end stands). When I pulled the head I found CAST, pistons so, I tore down the entire engine & I'M...building the correct way. I'm trying to get him to pay me for the parts & labor that I paid him for...we'll see what happens ! Anyway, the Lonestar is a great car & have talked to the shop guys many times & have been very helpful. I recomend them to everyone.

Question guys, are any of you using 15" wheels ? I hear that we can't use 10" wide rims, they will hit the frame, in front, of the rear tires. I really don't want to buy new 17" wheels so that I can have fatter tires.
kev