Thread: CT registration
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2003, 10:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I recently went though DMV with my Cobra in July. As Bob mentioned killing yourself may be an option. You will get through it, but it will take at least 2 trys. And whatever you do, DON"T argue with them. It's like stirring up a bees nest. My car is a Venom, brand new out of the box. You will have to make an appointment which will be around 3-4 weeks away. They did not use a meter on mine. I have sidepipes that are baffled. If its real loud tame it somehow. I needed side reflectors put on mine, as well as a minor drip from the real seal which was nothing but since we had to come back we changed it. Any drip or drop will catch there eye. If the car is well made they will just do a fairly simple inspection- the more problems they find the harder they look. I must say even though I HATE the DMV the inspectors where mostly decent except for one old guy there. I had to trailer it back the next day which was a pain the ass. I went out bought some stick on reflectors, which i quickly took off after it passed.
And once passed it was to late to register it that day. Expect to spend 1-2 hours waiting in line-- OR get there at 7:30 to stand in line so your firs t at the counter. I'am sure my blood pressure was out of control those 3 days. It got to the point i almost wished i had not bought the car. But once registered that morning and my fist drive ( legally with plates) I was one happy guy.One nice note, the DMV guys for my benefit said MAKE SURE you use your front plate, otherwise you will be a target for the cops to have a reason to stop you.
Good Luck
joe