View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 07:29 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 0062
Not Ranked     

Ben,

The carb is new. Made by Proform - the same folks who have been making billet metering plates and main body assemblies.

I got tired of messing with my Holleys in August. The 600DP and 780 just did not want to play nice. I took a ride over to Lopers (my least favorite store on earth) one Saturday to look for a set of throttle plates for the 600. They had a Proform body, got to talking with counter person and he whips out a complete Proform 750 cfm carb. Did a side by side comaprison with the equivalent Holley HP series and bought the Proform. Lopers actually had some redeeming value in my life for just that small fraction in time. They are back to useless and will most likely stay that way.

Its a direct competitior to the Holey HP series for way less money. Yes, it is partially anodized purple - I had no choice in the matter. I like the features on the Proform a little better than the HP and can live with the color. Its very tuneable and has everything I could ever want and need. Little lean out of the box but a nice piece. $200+ less expensive than the HP to boot.

On a side note,

Bob needs the gas in the trunk because I noticed when he was getting on it Saturday afternoon heading down Central, his car was actually moving forward instead of just sitting there in a cloud of smoke. The application of the nitrous should stop that forward progress and elicit more cheers from the throngs of admirers lining the curb 6 deep. I think Discount Tire fills his tank for free.

Bob, that was mighty impressive to say the least.

Jeff