Thread: AC pedals
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2003, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

I have a pair of the AC pedals in my spares that came with #375. When I looked them over, I did notice that they were rough or in "As Cast" condition. I suspect they could use some time with a belt sander or drum sander to finish off the edges and facia. However the rough face could be a benefit for grip.

The rear of the pedal is neither drilled for the pinion nor is it slotted to fit on the pedal bar(s). Thus, it appears that some amount of custom fitting,
(which could be very easy if you have a good milling machine,
or somewhat easy if you have a drill press, mini grinder and hand files,
or more difficult and labor intensive if all you have is a hand file and hand drill)
is needed.

The black rubber traction knobs are in the bag, and I have not tried to install them as of yet. My car has the ERA pedals and see no reason to change them.

In any case, it would seem, IMHO, that purveyors of this product should indicate in some manner that some amount of fitting is needed for final installation. More data is always better than less as far as I am concerned.

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker