Thread: wheel hopp
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2003, 10:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Possible add-ons & modifications?

Mike,
- Yes, 26lbs.
- I have the solid control arm bushings now, I believe you do to with our serials so close together. No change. I don't believe this is the problem, and its not the final cure for my car.

...saw a quote on this on another side in regards to installing a rear-trailing arm configuration to eliminate wheel-hop,
quote:
"This allows for direct application of power from the differential to the wheels without the suspension alternately storing and discharging the force to wheels promoting wheel hop".

Bob Putnam,
1) Any chance of coming up with some sort of rear trailing arm configuration that would help to resolve this for good? I converted my last Unique to a rear trailing arm and center bar isolation setup. It was like a right and left triangle configuration, side by side. It completely changed how my car launched and came out of turns under throttle. No wheel hope and more stable after installed.

2) Or, what about a Watts Link type setup? Is that what you are working on in your previous pics? Does it really help the wheel hop situation? If so, how does it function to eliminate it? Thanks.

Last edited by decooney; 10-19-2003 at 01:59 PM..