View Single Post
Old 10-19-2003, 02:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

excaliber, wow, must be quite a few of those new south african shelbys in hawaii, eh > so, they look pretty good do they. your first hand inspection of a variety of them shows the fiberglass body work to be great, eh ? trim / fit and finish too ? havent seen one here in michigan yet, but anxiously look forward to inspecting one. hey, excal, that new one could be a fine product, but how can so many folks who aint never seen one yet praise what they are , before they are ? the first ones out will have been gone over with a fine tooth comb by the factory/dealers to ensure the test of scrutiny from the other owners, csx and other brands alike...i want to see examples of their delivery timing and the quality of the cars off the boat after say serial number 50 or so, when normal production standards without hand picked examples are shown. but, sure nice to have so many in hawaii because i am sure you would not tout an air car not seen yet...i think the new 2005 mustang out in a couple of years rate right up there wiht the best you can buy ! no question in my mind. aint seen one yet but the pictures looked great, so that counts right ? at any rate, i wish them well, either in malta, the rock in a pond, or south africa....competition keeps everyone on their toes.

now, without another flame war of one brand vs another, and back to the original question of mr snake'd...these cars are hobby cars. like country clubs and yacht clubs. like those spare time avenues of expression, these cars cost money to own. they are not investments, some will do better than others will in resale. the value of one serial number/brand vs another remains to be seen over the long term. there are many fine representations on the market and most folks will swear theirs is better than anyone elses. ya takes your pick and ya takes your chances. in the meantime, you can APPRECIATE whatever ya get with every turn, throttle twitch, thumbs up , or exhaust rap. inspect them all and go with your heart and budget, but look at real cars as examples not promises not yet examined. my $02 worth and a rare expression of cynicism on my part.

Last edited by Bill Wells; 10-19-2003 at 02:45 AM..