View Single Post
Old 10-19-2003, 03:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Tout,
So what if it does? If I had bought one of these for investment purposes I would worry about it. I didn't.

The value of these types of cars go up and down more violently due to other reasons. Economy for one. Inflation and recession for two and three.
It was long before I got involved with Cobras, I guess there was a time some of the CSX3XXX and CSX2000 cars were bringing far more than they are today. That all changed. I doubt it they went from $450,000 to $275,000 because Shelby or someone else made a few more replicas and flooded the market.
The new entries are absorbed by the new drivers/owners.

As long as the interst and the passion for this car stays where it is, there will be room in it for all new comers. Market will decide which ones should stay and which ones should go.

If people thought the market can only absorb an finite number of Cobras any given year then some will get panicky and start worrying for nothing..

Example:
if collectively 1000 Cobras were sold a year and they were broken down as follows:

50% MANUF. A
39% MANUF. B
05% MANUF. C
03% MANUF. D
02% MANUF. E
01% MANUF. F

and the numbers added up to 1000.

Then some new manufacturer or one of the existing ones came in the market place with new car that was perfect and cost only $3000.00 with a motor and a tranny in it, they would corner the market. Wouldn't they?

The total sold that year would be a hell of a lot more than 1000.
They wouldn't just move the percent meter around but they would bring new money, new owners to the market and probably compete with the boat and motorcycle dollars.

I guess this is a long way about saying, all Cobra Manufacturers collectively haven't scratched the surface yet.They are too busy fighting one another.

Let's celebrate the new comers, (as long as they deliver a good car like they promise) rather than chastise them.

TURK