View Single Post
Old 10-19-2003, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1967 GT 350 #2264
Not Ranked     

I went to a car show today with My GT 500. It is a real nice show hosted by the Historic car club of Pennsylvania and it was held at DElaware County Community College in Marple Pa. Great autumn day, leaves falling, crisp air. One of the better reasons for living in the Northeast. I was parked on the end of a row of Mustangs about 40 long. Directly across from us were Corvettes! a nice face off. The 6th Vette ever made was directly across from my Shelby. Anyway, I did get a chance to really look over a Red Superformance Cobra that was in attendance. Since the bug has started to bite me, this was the first chance I have had to give these cars more than a passing glance. I thought it was a very nice Product. I saw one other Blue car but it was rolling and could only appreciate as it went by. A couple of folks have mentioned that I should not sell my Shelby for one of these cars and After today, I think I have to agree. while I want a COBRA, SHELBY GT Mustangs are pretty damn cool too. I think I will have to get funds from somewhere else to finance this deal. I only ever had one other SHELBY. It was a 67 GT 350. Picked it up and sold it. I regret doing it to this day. But I do know that the car is being restored correctly and made a Canadian a very happy man. In the mean time I intend to keep my eye on this South African SHELBY and read the reviews as they come in. I will be on this board from time to time seeking knowledge and I thank you all in advance for being here. I could not imagine getting involved in this venture without this message Board.