View Single Post
Old 10-20-2003, 09:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

....Speak of the devil. There is a "new" Shelby roller (S. Africa car) on Ebay right now! Seems they're taking a page out of Kirkham's book! Of course, no pictures however. Ad says they are raising the price to 42,500.00 on Nov 1st. Right now it's 39,995.00 but so far the highest bid is 37K (any of you?).
I've sent a few e-mails to them and they are supposed to send me some literature / brochures on these new rollers. One thing that seems to stick out in my mind though (after e-mails back and forth) is that there seems to be a lot of "upgrades" (you even have to pay an additional 75 bucks for a side mirror!) over what SPF and others, offer as "standard". -Shelby's middle name should be ala carte' ! (sp?)
They ARE supposed to change the finish under the hood, and make some other minor changes as well. Sounds like it's supposed to be a nice chassis, and as long as the "extra upgrades" don't add up too much, it should go without saying (name Says it all!) that these SA cars should be looked at as a serious contender by anyone shopping in this price range (even if you aren't a Shelby -as a person, ....fan). It would only make sense (and possibly a few dollars!) to do so........although, as stated earlier, I wouldn't add this to your retirement portfolio. The only investment you are making with these cars is in the "fun factor" of your life! -Pretty good investment as well!

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 10-20-2003 at 09:58 AM..