View Single Post
Old 10-24-2003, 08:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

In the last couple days the following have happened:

1. At a traffic light the other night and a van pulls up on my right to the point where his driver's window is even with my right front tire. I see the window go down and out come two hands applauding.

2. Was giving a ride to one of my uncles and pulled into a gas station to get gas. While filling it up, this woman pulls off the road, gets out her car runs over and says "WOW, that's gorgeous, do you mind if I look at it." To which my uncle responds to her "Sure, go ahead, do you want me to get out so you can get a better look at me" She then proceeded to go over every inch of the car in awe with a huge smile on her face. If she were younger and better looking I would have left my uncle at the gas station

3. Last night, I'm driving around with hat, gloves and jacket (it's about 40 degrees outside) and I'm in the right hand lane of a two lane road. I pull up to a red light and there is a new BMW 7 series in the left lane. Once you go through the light, the road immediately merges to one lane and people usually nail the gas to try to beat out the guy next to them. Because I don't like having people behind me, I stopped half a car length behind the BMW and was going to let him go first. The guy obviously heard the car, put it in reverse and backed up so he is even with me. Light turns green, he gives me a thumbs up and waves me to go through the light. I blipped the throttle, flashed a smile and a wave and proceeded down the road.

The other thing I have noticed is that everyone lets you pull out because they want to look at the car. In places where I can sit for a couple minutes waiting for a break in the traffic with the regular car, in the cobra it is like Moses parting the Red Sea. Everyone stops to let me go.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."