View Single Post
Old 10-24-2003, 12:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: EverettMorrison,408W,Jag rear, toploader
Not Ranked     

One of the things I've come to realize from my experiences is that you just don't know what to expect. It isn't just the sun that makes you thick skinned in these cars.

The first comment I got that really set me back was when I was stopped in traffic and a guy on a bicycle asks me "is your penis really that small". I couldn't respond at all. It just happened too fast. And NO its not.

One time I was cruising by the beach and there was a Holiday Inn with a bunch of outside chairs where people were eating lunch. As I go by some kid jumps up and starts yelling "kit car, kit car". I felt like going back and congratulating him for recognizing it wasn't real and then punching him in the mouth for yelling at me.

Then there's the flip side of the coin when I was merging onto the interstate at a rather brisk rate and this Explorer was trying to catch up to me to look over the car. We're moving along pretty well and all of a sudden traffic slows quickly. He's looking at my car and doesn't notice traffic. He hits his brakes, goes right, then makes an instant 90 degree left turn directly into the center divider of the interstate and hits it head on.

Most of my rides now I try to enjoy back roads.