View Single Post
Old 10-25-2003, 08:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Al Bockman
Not Ranked     

I spent 20 minutes Tuesday talking to a guy in the grocery store parking lot. Last summer on the way to Deadwood SD, a guy that ran the Lusk WY town web page stopped for his son to see the car and said a picture would be posted on the town web site. We were in Sturgis eating breakfast and a 10 year old came in to the restaurant to talk to us about the Cobra. We took a picture with him and his family standing next to the car (after we moved it to get a better background) and mailed it to them.

Last summer, our local club was at going to Aspen CO when we stopped at the top of Independence Pass (elevation 12,095 ft). The wife was out at the overlook when a gorgeous youg Italian girl who didn't speak much English came up to my car. She wanted a picture with it so I made her get in the driver's seat. She was happy, but the wife came back too soon and she wasn't smiling as much as the Italian!

Take it easy on bicycle riders. My wife and I do a lot of road biking and the last thing we need is another irate driver on the road.

So far we've ridden over all the major mountain passes in Colorado on our bikes. Now that we have the Cobra it's "wish we were in the Cobra" if we're on the bicycles and "we must have been crazy" if we're in the Cobra.

It takes a lot of cajones to do two things on a bicycle: Give a motorist some B.S. and come down a mountain pass on those skinny little tires at 55+ mph. You think you get the feeling of flying in your Cobra!

BTW Hal, our titanium framed bicycles cost about $4500 each.

Al Bockman