View Single Post
Old 10-27-2003, 03:37 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

No, no, no. You guys missed the point. Got you're panties in a bunch again, eh?

The two guys who in my little joke asked if it was REAL. I said "yup". I know these two guys. Very knowledgble on the subject of Cobras and replicas. Ok? They specifically understand as many here don't seem to be able to grasp that the Continuation Series are REAL Cobras, just not original Cobras.

Now if it was in fact two guys that didn't know that much about Cobras or whom I didn't know and asked if it was REAL I would say "yup, its one of the new Continuation Series Cobras from SAI".

There, feel better.

Jeez, it was just a joke.

My we are sensative on this subject aren't we???

Bud: Funny, I actually don't think of my car as a Kirkham so I would never tell anyone its a Kirkham rather than telling them its a Shelby because its not a Kirkham. Its clearly a Shelby. I probably don't think of my car as a Kirkham any more than an owner of an original Shelby Cobra thinks of his car as an AC. . Never gave it much thought except to the extent I know its a Kirkham manufactureed body and chasis.

Do owners of original Cobras tell people "no its an AC" when asked if its a Shelby? Don't think so.

Last edited by REAL 1; 10-27-2003 at 03:59 PM..