View Single Post
Old 10-28-2003, 05:25 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Pat: Now thats MUCH better! Good work. Dogmatic drivel? I like that! You get an A+. What can I say. I fight fire with fire.

Bud: No, no, no Bud. Now lets be fair. Don't twist things. Yes I would think that AC roadsters made for domestic consumption in the UK would be referred to by their owners as AC's.

The owners of original Shelby Cobras here in the U.S. I doubt very seriously they refer to their cars as AC roadsters or Shelby/ACs . How are they listed on the Registry? As AC roadsters. Hmmm, I don't think so.

In fact if I remember correctly AC had COB vin #s and Shelbys all had CSX. Basically same car but different prefix. Exactly parallel to the Kirkham and Shelby difference of contemporary times.

If I bought a Kirkham from Kirkham I would refer to it as a Kirkham. If I didn't I won't.

So I guess the new "idea" here is that the only proper way an aluminum CSX owner can identify his car to others is by saying "Theres my Shelby/Kirkham"

Yeah. Ok.

Boy you guys never quit.