View Single Post
Old 10-28-2003, 09:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

I was out in the garage today crawling over, under, and around the Cobra. I was actually finalizing the installation of the seat belts when a young girl about 10 or 11 with her Mother approached me from the sidewalk as they walked up the driveway. The young girl was selling cookies, candy and other assorted sweetsfor some school related program. Before I could get out the fact that I really didn't want any (my wife had just brought out a plate of Chocolate Chip Cookies and a glass of milk) The mother walked quikly the final steps separating her from the car. "BOY THAT'S A REAL NICE CAR THERE" what year is it? I replied "Well it's a kit car but styled after a 64 or 65 model". She started asking some questions about the motor. Right about then the timid little girl meekly began to ask again if I wanted to purchase some of her merchandise, and the mother cut her off in mid sentance "What are you doing to it? asked the mother." Just trying to complete it, it's been off the road 6 years." "SIX YEARS! that's a long time. Well come on honey he already has cookies over there" (pointing). "THAT SURE IS A NICE CAR." All happened in about 1 1/2 minutes.

Didn't get to say no thanks.

Rick