View Single Post
Old 10-29-2003, 01:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

The event isn't really publicised too heavily, thats why, we couldnt tell you earlier.

I only stumbled across the fact that it was on again this year, because the local pizza shop had stickers in there advertising the event.

Maybe you could pass the word around amongst the Melbourne Cobra boys if you are speaking to them. If there is interest, get them to call dad. Last few years Laurie B. came with a few of his cars, plus Robnells and all the local Geelong cars that dont see the light of day all year except the Speedtrials and All Ford day at the Deakin Uni Waurn Ponds campus. (Plus Brian of course!!)

The rumour of the original Cobra I assume Brian is talking about is that it resides in Geelong, it's silver, with a black map of Australia on the sides. I think its a 289 - no numbers known - We met the guy one time. He lived in Newtown (Geelong suburbia) where I live. I have not seen it recently!!

Maybe we could start organising a cruise to the All Ford Day too!?! Thats in Feburary dunno exactly when - I'll keep my ear to the ground. That would be a good day for the cobra boys. There is normally a few - Snaken and HIS302 plus many more were there. There is always heaps of interest in the cars, plus lots of other Fords to enjoy!!

Dad and I will try and catch up with as many people as possible when he comes over to Melbourne. No doubt the guy will be hanging to get on the forums when he gets back to tell he's stories!!

Look forward to seeing you all soon-

Todd Knight.